There are many things that school doesn’t teach us and one of those is how the us and our brain operate. How do we manage and train our brain for healthy living?
Here are the eight tricks for a healthy mind.
1) Listen to music. Music can repair brain damage and returns lost memories. Don’t be afraid to take time out of your busy life to relax and play some tunes. It’s always feels good to play your favorite songs.
2. Simply smile more often. Smiling, even in a bad mood, can immediately improve your mood because these muscles are enough to trigger happy chemicals in the brain. This means if you even pretend you’re happy you will be happy. Actively smile right now and see do you feel better.
3. Don’t be afraid to talk to yourself. I’m not joking. Talking to yourself can make your brain work more effectively. Therefore chatting to yourself might actually help you get the job done.
4. Always listen to your gut. A “gut feeling” is a chemical signal that your stomach creates to warn the brain of danger. 9 times out of 10 your gut feeling will be right so go with it.
5. Get out and exercise every single day with no excuses. “Neither the body nor the brain can function optimally without movement. In fact, sitting for more than 10 minutes at a time increases fatigue and reduces concentration.” – Rae Pica
6. Just let things go. Holding grudges is not only bad for your mental health, but it also has a physical impact on your brain. Take a deep breath, relax and let that shit go.
7. Neurologists claim that every time you resist acting on your anger, you’re actually rewiring your brain to be calmer and more loving. The next time you feel yourself getting angry. Take ten deep breath from the depths of your belly and then say your reply.
8. Finally if you are struggling with sleep, stress or just over thinking cuddling with your partner could be the answer. Cuddling before bed helps the brain relax so get into that spoon position and get your partner to help you out!